31 December, 2008

Pre-Wedding Honeymoon {PART 3: BBQ on the fjord}


After our full day, exploring Trondheim, we made our way back to meet up with our hosts. They had organized a little evening BBQ with some friends from work, so we gathered the supplies, loaded the vehicle, and set off for the fjord. They have a favorite spot for BBQs along the southern side of Trondheimsfjord. It's a nice rocky outcropping that is good for fishing.

Martina and I walked along the shore to the spot from our parking area, while the guys paddled in with the supplies...


Martin gave me a fishing lesson, but I didn't catch anything. In fact, Martina was the only one to catch a fish all evening. Luckily everyone brought extra food for the BBQ, just in case. Still, that fresh fish tasted delicious!


When the sun finally sank behind the horizon, it was about 11PM. It was so bright all evening, I had a hard time believing that it was getting late. My body knew better though, considering the fact that I was yawning terribly towards the end. Still my mind resisted the idea of the sun setting so late.


Next installment: {Saturday on a lake}

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovin these pictures dear

Ben

Alyssa the Ragamuffin said...

GREAT pics, great trip! That's wonderful....