26 December, 2008

Christmas in Roanoke


We're in Virginia right now, spending the holidays with Jacob's family.


We had a lovely Christmas together yesterday. Amber, Chip, RenĂ¡, and Greg came over to Jacob's parent's house in the morning to open presents with us.


A little later in the morning more of the family came over for brunch.
We had a lovely time eating and talking together, enjoying some unseasonably warm weather...


It was funny for me to watch the guys throwing a football around in short sleeves in the sun while talking to my parents back in the Midwest deep-freeze.

Once the company left, we settled in for a much needed nap. Then, determined to enjoy the beautiful day as much as possible, Jacob and I took a nice long walk around the neighborhood.

Although I missed friends and family elsewhere, it has been a joy to spend my first Christmas with the Grahams. They are a loving, warm family, and have taken me in with open arms.

3 comments:

Alyssa the Ragamuffin said...

Oh fun! Tell everyone I said hello, and babywatch continues. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays Eleanor and Jacob. Roanoke looks much warmer than Northern California. I had to scrape ice off my windshield twice last week.
Love you,
Sarah

Anonymous said...

It's nice to see you're well cared for. Looks awfully pleasant there, very icy here. LOVE POPS