15 December, 2007

Prima Nix in Regent Square


Last week we had the first major snowfall here in Pittsburgh for this year, so Jacob went out to document our freshly blanketed neighborhood (I know. Only a crazy hot-blooded Irishman would go out in the snow without a coat, wearing a T-shirt. What can I say?):


Below you'll see our house. Don't be fooled though -- our tiny apartment takes up less than half of the third floor... And we're in the back, so don't imagine us peeking out of any of those windows!


Here, however, you can start using your imagination: that little red porch you see on the top there with the little prayer flags hanging down from it is ours -- we have to climb out through our bedroom window onto it!

...and here's the tree that we see from that great little porch...



Some of the tall trees lining the streets here in our beloved Squaresville


In such loyal and frenzied "Stiller" territory, it's great to see such a brave Packers fan, right in our own neighborhood.


Above is our favorite neighborhood bar: "D's Six-pax and Dogz" where they serve amazing hotdogs and even more amazing beer :)

Finally, the main stip of the 'Square all lit up for the holidays. What a fun time of year!

2 comments:

The Davis Family said...

It looks so beautiful there . . . cozy and welcoming . . . I can't wait to see you hun!

Alyssa the Ragamuffin said...

Lovely! I miss snow... sometimes. :)