Jacob and I just went on a little walk around the neighborhood. One month ago it was our wedding night, and we went on a similar walk around the neighborhood. Tonight it was quiet; just the two of us and a slightly lopsided moon. A month ago the air was charged. The moon was full. We had Renie with us too then. And as we walked down a quiet back street we were surprised to hear an explosion and see lights through the trees. The three of us stood and watched one of the longest fireworks displays that I've ever seen exploding next to the full moon on the horizon. It was an auspicious occasion. 08.16.08.
Now things have calmed down a bit. School is well underway. This is Jacob's third, and final, year of coursework before his comprehensive exams and dissertation. It's my first year of grad school. I'm diving into a MM in Performance. I have a fabulous string quartet, and am enjoying my rehearsals and practice sessions. It feels good to be working.
As you can see below, I put up all of our wedding cards on some string in our hallway. It's great to look through them and think of all the love that surrounds us. It was overwhelming to have such a display of support and care pouring in around us last month. What a priviledge and joy to have so many of our dear ones with us for that celebration.
Married life is treating us well. We are so happy together. I only wish that Pittsburgh could somehow be located right next to Minneapolis, Green Bay, Roanoke, Boston, Skaneateles, New York, Phoenix, LA, Davis, Berlin, Dresden, Oslo, Lisbon, and all the other places where our loved ones are. We love you all so much and wish we could see you more often!
Now things have calmed down a bit. School is well underway. This is Jacob's third, and final, year of coursework before his comprehensive exams and dissertation. It's my first year of grad school. I'm diving into a MM in Performance. I have a fabulous string quartet, and am enjoying my rehearsals and practice sessions. It feels good to be working.
As you can see below, I put up all of our wedding cards on some string in our hallway. It's great to look through them and think of all the love that surrounds us. It was overwhelming to have such a display of support and care pouring in around us last month. What a priviledge and joy to have so many of our dear ones with us for that celebration.
3 comments:
Oh, we do miss you so! Did you get all of the books? Amazon's asking me for ratings for the sellers. :)
I'm so happy for you guys. Marriage is awesome.
yay! happy one month!
looking forward to married life, myself.
xo
I love hearing about your life dear. So glad you're happy. I'd enjoy hearing any sort of detail too about your studies, whose music you're playing etc., just anything that's catching your attention. love to Jacob too, Pops
Post a Comment