09 February, 2008

Home in Minneapolis


After spending Christmas in Green Bay, Mom and I drove over to Minneapolis to see my dad. You can see the lovely Minneapolis skyline in the background here -- taken from the windows of the Art Institute...
It was wonderful to have my mom stay for a few days -- I think she and Minneapolis miss each other! Besides that, Jacob was able to fly in, so it was was perfect chance for her to meet him too. Here we are at Renie's place, waiting for Jacob's plane to arrive:


Before Mom left on New Year's Day, Dad threw a beautiful brunch for all of us. Renie, Rochelle, Matt and Lisa were all able to come. It was a great way to start the new year.





I am so happy that I got to introduce Jacob to my family and my city. Even if it was bitterly cold, I think he was able to enjoy himself.


And of course, no trip home would be complete without my dear Buckets -- comrades since Jr. High and before:


I only wish breaks were longer so that I could visit more of my dear friends and family all over. I especially regretted not being able to get to Virginia to see the Grahams (Jacob's wonderful family) -- but hopefully I'll make it there for part of Spring break...

No comments: