If all goes as planned, the next time that any of you will hear from me will be when I am back in the good old USofA. I'm pleased as punch to be heading home! It's been quite the adventure, and I am ready to be back amongst familiar faces and places. I miss you all! I always know that I will, but I forget just how much it pains me!
I've spent the last week in retreat down in the convent, and now I'm back up in McLeod Gang one last time to get a few more gifts for various people (Ilan's comment made me re-evaluate my own purchases and decide that I need a few more little items :) Then tomorrow I fly to Delhi, and early Tuesday morning I fly to NYC via Kuwait and London! I apologise in advance to those of you who will be seeing me those first few days that I'm back -- I think I'll be quite a zombie after all that travel.
I was going to try to say something about what I've learned from this first introduction to India, but I don't think I'm really ready to say anything about that yet. I've said all I could along the way, in little impressions. Now I'll have to wait a few weeks and go through culture shock, then wait a few more weeks before I will have any perspective. So visit here a few more times in the next month if you're interested in any further reflections -- and pictures!
See you soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey dear, I know I'll be seeing you soon (looking forward to that) but I do hope you'll set down some things in writing, here or wherever, about what this all has meant to you, the music, the travel, the Dalai Lama, and and the retreat. Hard for me to imagine, all that. Love you, Pops
Oh, anyone who's reading this is welcome to come to a party at my house on 14 August, Tuesday, to see Nora in person and help her celebrate her 25th BIRTHDAY! Potluck and cake and grrrrill etc.
Ben
Post a Comment